Monday, April 9, 2012

I AM CHANGE

I am a powerful creature,
Great strength lies in my DNA,
My genetic makeup,
The whole of creation is about change,
Spring, summer, fall, winter
The circadian rhythm,
The Tidal principal,
The twenty-eight day cycle,
I am born of change,
And yet, I cannot hope to transform,
The environment, politics, economy,
Or the rigid mindset of billions,
By merely speaking of change,
What can I change around me?
It must begin with me,
In me…

In facing my fears,
To find the strength to be a Gandhi,
The empathy to be a Mother Teresa,
The bravery of all those nameless soldiers,
Little known martyrs,
Who knew that the tree of greatness,
Rises from a tiny seed,
That can alter the fate of nations,
Of people of all colour and religion,
The seed is of change,
Contained within every human mind,
It throbs, it pulsates,
To become the change,
We wish to see around.

This Blog post is for the Indibloggers, 'Time to Change' contest.
Time to Change FB Link

2 comments:

smiling soul said...

nice poetry about change! :)

Ismita Tandon said...

@Sowmya, thank you so very much! Have a great Sunday :)

Share Buttons